Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dolphin Fun Run

Having a blast at West Valley Elementary's 1st Dolphin Fun Run. We hope this will be an annual event. We had so much fun exercising and competing. The PTA, well Bridget and James, did a fantastic job on this! We enjoyed every minute of it!
ok people, enjoy this pic! Briel is actually happy at the school! Maybe because we are not actually inside the building. She cries everytime without fail as soon as we enter the school. I do hope she will grow out of this bad habbit!

Isabel just before the 50 yard dash

Zaquel flexing for us just before the 50 yard dash
Marcos helping Briel finish the " Diaper Dash"
Briel eating her bib instead of racing. Come on girl! Shake that fat off of you!

Zaquel having his 1st of many, many, many oranges for a snack!
Isabel running 2nd for the family relay
Papa managing to struggle across the finish line with that extra weight!
We were one of the first to compete in the family relay. Poor Marcos had to carry 21 extra pounds of "Briel weight" that is our excuse for coming in next to last! Thanks to Kari for taking these pics for us!
Here is Zaquel coming across the invisible finish line! I made Marcos run with him so he didn't get distracted by the playground!!
Here are Isabel and Zaquel getting ready for the kids' 1K race
All of us after Marcos finished the 5K. Can't you see the huge beads of sweat on his forehead? Oh right, he's black! Love you Honey!
Marcos getting ready for the 5K
Marcos taking his prize for 2nd place in the 5k with a time of 26:14. Way to go sweetie!

7 comments:

  1. That looks REALLY fun. What a good idea that brilliant Briget come up with. Go Marcos, that's a pretty good time ya know...what is that an 8 minute mile. I'm impressed- you're not even from Kenya!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! Way to run, family. I don't run anymore. Too many things jiggle nowadays. It's not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandee!!! I am so excited that you finally have a blog! I can't really say anything because I jsut started one up in the middle of May myself. It is kind of addicting so watch out. My blog is private and so I need your e-mail address so that I can invite you to mine. My e-mail is tnscoombs@q.com. It was so fun to see your kids. You baby is beautiful and she is not a baby anymore! It just made my day to get to see you. You all look great. Hope that life is going great. Hope to talk to you soon!
    SuLynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it! Marcos even stopped to tie his shoe and got lost so his time was great! I guess if we wouldhave practiced the run beforehand it would have been even better! Next year! maybe you can come next time Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like fun! Cute pictures. Our blog is kacampbell.blogspot.com. I'll try to get on and add you to ours right away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say that because Marcos is black he should have come in first! But I must say I am VERY impressed he came in second...BOMB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bridget has the best ideas! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete