Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere!



Water Boy making good use of the wasted water.

This is what happened when I tried to lighten up the pic. It now looks like fire instead of water. At least you get the idea of how much was coming out of the hydrant! Crazy!


The rushing water



Going back for yet another bucket, bringing the total to 32 buckets or so!

So, last Thursday night I was getting ready for bed around 10:00pm or so when I hear water rushing. I immediately blamed Marcos and asked if he turned the sprinklers on. You know, he does that sometimes just to get more green grass and raise our water bill! He said "no" and I said come and listen, water is on somewhere. So he reluctantly got out of bed and looked out the front door and sure enough, water was rushing out of the fire hydrant across the street! I went in and called the police being the economically responsible person that I am. They asked me where I lived and then proceeded to tell me that the water people were flushing the hydrants tonight. Ok, I was fine with that. I still felt I was doing my duty to alert them. (I didn't know that I would find a folded up flyer telling me this the next day on my counter. Apparently, Marcos found it first and didn't tell me about it.) I then go outside and find Water boy scooping up the rushing water with a bucket and dumping it on our lawn's dead spots! He said "We shouldn't let this good water go to waste!" I had to capture this moment even though he was really mad at me for taking his pic! He is so useful! That is why I love him so much! Way to go Water Boy!

3 comments:

  1. This is so funny! Way to go lightening up the pics so we could see it was Marcos and not some phantom. LOL...I can say that right? Tee hee. What a good water boy...no need to waste such awesome water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have seen that! There is never a dull moment with you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just so useful! You guys have such and exciting life :) I don't even know where the hydrant is by our house, and they never flush it. Your neighborhood is on it! You will have nice fresh water to put out your flaming house...

    ReplyDelete