Thursday, June 4, 2009


I took Isabel to the play "Treasure Island" at Hale Center Theatre last Saturday for her reward for doing so well in school. It was so awesome! The ticket lady told Isabel to remember that the people were just actors and none were really getting hurt. They told me that it was a little violent but I didn't think much of it. Well, it was! They had real swords fake blood bleeding, I am not sure how they did this, but it was quite remarkable. I think Isabel's favorite part was when some of the pirates got thrown off the ship and into the water. Yes, I said water! They had the deck of the ship for the stage and real water around it. Amazing! They even gave towels to the people sitting close because they would get wet from all the splashes! I had forgotten the story and was reminded how great a story it was. Isabel did not want her picture with the actors. Too bad. She still is a bit shy for things like that. I think the costumes intimidated her just a bit. Anyway, it was so much fun! Now I have someone who likes plays in our family! After I made Marcos go to one at the Shakesperean Festival in Cedar City because he got FREE tickets, he said he doesn't want to see plays at all! I mean really who would pass up free tickets to a Shakespearean play? Jungle boy!



3 comments:

  1. I thought the water was neat too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to finally have a girl to do things with when your husband just won't go! I love it. I have one of each kind that like different things so I get to do new things all the time. Great to find this! I am so excited. Love you lots!
    SuLynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hale Center Theatre! When(if) we live in Utah, I will go to the plays with you!

    ReplyDelete