Thursday, June 18, 2009

#1 Teacher (aside from her mommy)

We made it! I can't believe 1st grade is over! I couldn't have asked for a better teacher if I had hand picked her myself! (Hee hee) Maria was the perfect fit for Isabel. She needed her structure and guidance. She seemed to thrive in her classroom. What more could a #1 mom wish for?
What a fun year we have had! So many fond memories of school: homework, birthday fun, Valentine's Day, Parent conferences, timed tests, class books, Millcreek Canyon, Moms and Muffins, Dads and Doughnuts, Field Day, and every other thing in between! Isabel did so well in school. I am so proud of her growth. She has really, really loved her teacher and school this year. I hope she will continue to do the same throughout her life! Stay Smart!!!
Zaquel loves Maria soooo much! He always wanted to share whatever we were having be it bagels, smoothies, or cookies with her. He would say, "Let's take one to Miss VanAdrigum". Such a giving boy! Who knows where he gets this! Maria was always so kind to let him play on her computers or read her books. He especially liked the Spiderman book. He still thinks he can run into her room whenever he wants. He might not care if Isabel is in there or not! He just loves Maria!!

Here are all the cuties! Yes, the baby is crying because we are inside the school! I mean really girl please, please get over this!



3 comments:

  1. I love it when my kids get a great teacher. What a blessing it is. We have struggled with some not so good ones this year so it makes it sweeter when you have a great one. Glad school is over for you. Enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love Maria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics. I may just have to hire a taxi to get Mason to Maria in a year :) I'm so happy she had a great year- on to 2nd grade!!!

    ReplyDelete