Wednesday, July 1, 2009

St. George 2009

Our Little Swimmers!
Us with Karla. We stayed in her place our last year of college while she was on her mission. What a blessing that was for us! She too is a vital part of our Personal St. George history.
Our stop wouldn't be complete without a visit with Dan, one of the most generous, intelleigent, kind, and dedicated men in the world. He was one of the instrumental people who helped Marcos get to Dixie College. Amazing! And yes this is Marcos's favorite shirt.
Marcos with our old boss George.
The kids on a couch in the Gardener Center where both of us worked as college students. This is where Marcos used to check-out my hot (back-then-before-kids) legs while I was working as a catering goddess.
The kids at the fountain on Dixie's Campus.
This is where Marcos and I went to our 1st dance together...sigh. It is also adjacent to the grassy area where we had lunch together and a lovely little bird decided to drop a load right on Marcos' head. The way it seeped into his spongy curls was fascinating! I don't think I have laughed so hard in my life. He was so embarrassed! You see, we were still just in the dating stages of our romantic relationship and I think his face was bright red underneath all that blackness! Love you sweetie!
Here we all are at the Brigham Young House. This was a cozy little spot for reading or a great pic! Thanks to the sister missionary who took it!
Us at the Brigham Young Home. What industrious people those Mormon settlers were! I mean dragging all that pine down from pine valley to build this house, planting a garden complete with cotton, importing a tree from France so their silkworms could have their staple diet of Mulberry leaves, and handcrafting just about everything!! One of my favorites were the almond trees in front. I am so glad I don't have a toilet like Brigham Young's. If you've never been up to his room, all he has is a ceramic canister with a lid. Nice I know. That is why I wasn't born then. I couldn't have done it!!
Why don't I have such a nice tan like my kids? Oh yea, I'm white!
Isabel basking on a rock at the park.
Okay, Zaquel was so fast going down the paths! I am so surprised that he didn't take out one of the many walkers!
There is literally a park just a stone' s throw away from the condo's backyard. We took their scooters for them to enjoy the park's paths.
She loved the water! It was fun to see her splashing around and trying to tip herself over face first in the water! So sweet!
My Guys! How cute! I was so glad my sis-in-law let us borrow the life-jacket!
Zaquel could swim and jump-in with ease! And I didn't have to worry too much about drowning with that! Nice!
Who was this amazing photographer?
This was her favorite thing to do at the pool.
What! Is that Zaquel in the hot tub? He isn't 14 so shhhh! Don't tell!
Isabel right before she jumps in!
All the kiddos by the condo door.
Swimming fun times!

We had so much fun on our little vacation! The kids loved swimming in the pool and Marcos and I loved reminising (spelling?) of our dating days/engagement/1st year of marriage that happened at Dixie. What a fabulous place with so much history, personal and community. It was so nice to stay in the same condo with my kids that I stayed in as a girl with my family. I think it's amazing how things work out and I don't believe there are any mistakes when it comes to those things. Heavenly Father has a purpose for everything and he puts us in places where we can achieve those purposes. Anyway, what a great time it was. It is so nice to look back and see how far you have come together. (Marcos and I that is) I mean after 12 years we are faring pretty well.

We were able to reconnect with some friends of ours in Cedar City and had a great time at Discovery Park with our kids. Papa and Briel on the swing. How adorable!On the Pirate Ship Isabel and Zaquel on the sweet tire swing


4 comments:

  1. Your baby is the cutest little thing EVER! I love that pool picture. Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun seeing the family. Everyone looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to go to St. George and visit the good old condo. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. It's always nice to have a little break from life and go on vacation.

    P.S. Our little one did pretty well on the motorcycle ride. Jeff said he's going to be addicted to riding when he's born. We shall see about that!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to share those memories with the kids, and relive them yourselves. I always loved that you are also college sweeties, like us! Great recap of the trip!

    ReplyDelete