Monday, July 13, 2009

Dinner with the Missionaries


What is it with boys anyway? I mean do they have to be so boyish? So here's the story...

A few Tuesday's ago, we had the missionaries over for dinner. All was well, the dinner was deliciously sumptuous, if I do say so myself, and then it was time for the favorite dessert of browines and ice cream topped with chocolate sauce. Mmmmmmmmmmm...

So Zaquel decided he was done and jumped down from the table and headed towards the bathroom. I loved his independence or so I thought... Then a few minutes later, during their spiritual message sharing, the missionaries were giggling. Yes, giggling! You see, Jungle Boy and I were facing the missionaries and our backs were toward the hallway. So we said, "Is he naked?" (referring to Zaqel of course) They said "yes" and tried not to laugh. So right as we are turning around Zaquel says, "I have poop on my butt!" We turned around and there was Zaquel bent over with his little bum up in the air and poop all over it! I mean really, boys and poop, I just don't get it! He wasn't trying to be funny, he really needed some help cleaning himself off. I let Jungle Boy do the honors. I know, so nice of me!

By this point, the missionaries were crying because they were laughing so hard! Then a few minutes later, all cleaned up and with only underwear on, Zaquel graces us with his presence once again. He then tells one of the missionaries as he is pointing to his chest, "These are my boobies!" How nice of them to get an anatomy lesson as a trade off for a spiritual one! I tell you, never a dull moment at our house!

SIDE NOTE:
The missionaries did say it made their day! They had been in an accident earlier that day and were a bit stressed out. So next time they need enlightening... I am sure they will be right over!

And yes, he is wearing underwear in the pic!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for little boys to keep the mood light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we could have fun like that, I might just have the missionaries over more often.

    Actually, I'm so bad, I got tired of the awkward lesson after dinner, so I quit having them over altogether. I know, I suck. Every week the sign up sheet goes around, and every week I send it on by. I'm pretty sure that's a get into Hell free pass, huh?

    It's just not my thing. Now give me a ward campout to plan, and I'm all over that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously there is never a dull moment at the Cossa house! We know where to go for some great and free entertainment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm rethinking that dinner invitation. Lucky for Zaquel he is so cute he can pull anything off! Even in poopy situations. :)

    ReplyDelete