Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tithing



Lately, Zaquel has been quite the money finder. It seems as everywhere we go, he finds money. Most of it is in coin form, but on two occasions he has found a 1 dollar bill.

As we were putting the second one in his bank, I said, "Zaquel, you need to pay tithing on this and your other dollar."

"He says how much is tithing?" Even though we have had many, many Family Home Evenings about this, and we will obviously still need to do more, he still has to ask...:)

"It is one tenth of what your income or what money you make or find in your case."

Zaquel said, "Well, who do I give it to?"

Me: "The Bishop will take care of it for Heavenly Father."

Zaquel: "What is Heavenly Father going to give me if I do it?"

Me:"He has already blessed us so much with what we have, our house, our jobs, our cars, the whole earth and everything and he promises to protect us!"

Zaquel: "Well, if he isn't going give me anything new like a DS game or movie then I am not paying it!"

Oh, boy. I am sure in time he will understand! The concept is a little abstract for a 5 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment