Friday, August 5, 2011

Lagoon!


We had so much fun at Lagoon a few weeks ago for Marcos' work party! It was a perfect day. Not too hot and it didn't rain! We hit Laguna Beach first then we were off to the rides. It was a bittersweet day for Isabel. She is growing up and in the process has outgrown some of the kiddie rides! She is exactly 54 inches now and some of the ride operators would not let her go on the rides. She was sad about it and it made me realize how tall she is and how quickly she is growing up! On the flip side...she was able to ride some of the bigger rides because of her height! This was not pleasing to Zaquel! He really wanted to go on the wild mouse but he just wasn't tall enough! I do hope he will get his growth spurt someday!

Briel was a bit overwhelmed by all the people swimming, so she and I just hung out in the shade.


This operator DID let her ride this kiddie ride! The girls wanted to ride this ride and Zaquel wanted to ride the dragon one, so we split up. I took the girls and Marcos went with Zaquel. While the girls were riding...the lady next to me says, "Oh! How long ago did you adopt?" I said, "They are mine, my husband is black and from Mozambique." She replied, "I just noticed how dark they were and the age difference and my parents just adopted some bi-racial children...blah...blah...blah and I just assumed..." Yes, people have no tact! I mean really, I have gotten this sooooooo many times I have lost count! It usually doesn't bother me, but it seems lately, it is getting to me a bit. There really is a better way to ask this and not annoy the person you are asking...I mean please people! Since when is it ok to engage a complete stranger in such personal conversation? Am I just being old fashioned or what? So, the lesson here is DON'T assume, because you know what they say about assuming... now on to the rest of our fun day!

Entrance to the dragon ride Zaquel went on.
Zaquel eventually succumbed to the whale ride...
Waiting in line for the Odyssey ride. It was worth the wait...the complainers are on the left!

Notice how it is just Zaquel on this ride...yep, Isabel was too tall!
Tilt-aWhirl...I am getting much to old for these rides...or my stomach is getting weaker! Too much spinning is not a good thing for me!

The games, the games, the games...one of my little pet peeves about Lagoon are these! However, we actually found a game that you got to play until you won something. "Shoot til you Win" this was my kind of game. Each kid got 5 bucks and a ball...they shot till they won! Zaquel and Isabel took turns shooting for Briel. They loved their prizes! This was a win-win for all of us!


Zaquel won first...
Lovin' the prizes...not the fact that we have to cart them around the park until we left.

On the train! So fun! Zaquel did not want to be in this picture or on the ride. "It's too boring!" He said!
Last year, both Isabel and Zaquel played in the fountain...this year Zaquel went solo!


No comments:

Post a Comment