Monday, August 15, 2011

Cache-Teton Relay

This past weekend, Marcos ran in the Epic Cache-Teton Relay. He was on a team of 12 people, wait did I say 12? It was supposed to be 12 unless you have a loser for one of your teammates who decides to bail the day before the race so your team has to pick up your legs of the race! Our team included my sister, Kira, my brother Adam, and his daughter Colline. They began the race on Friday morning at 7:15am from Logan, Utah and ran to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. A total of 205 miles. WOW! Each runner took 3 legs of the race and each leg varied in length and difficulty. Marcos took a more difficult one and I knew he would be fine! Marcos legs of the race totaled just over 19 miles. This didn't include the times he ran with other team members to help them along the way. He is so great at that! He really had a great time! It was nice for him to know that he can run in things like this. He has never really done an official race like this (unless you count our kid's school fun-run). He just thinks he is too old for things like this! Now he knows he isn't! So now, it's on to bigger and better things for him running wise...maybe a marathon next year! I will hopefully talk him into that! As for me, I stayed with the kids since the team ran through the night and my kids would have never made it! I don't need to go that far away from home to have tired and ornery kids! He said next time he wants me to do it with him...I will need to start training now...I am not much of a runner but maybe I can be! My little sister was and is amazing! She has taken running to a new level and looks fabulous! Go Kira! You are an inspiration to us all!

To give those runners a sigh of relief!


I am not sure if this was the huge hill that was part of Marcos' first leg but apparently, it is one "Heck of a Hill!"



Getting ready...decorating the cars...A must for the races I guess!


Marcos is pumping himself up!

Their Team name was Kickin' Asphalt. Pretty clever!

Adam, Colline, and Marcos, The 3 Amigos!

Always good to know where you are going...and where to meet up for the first exchange!


See...helping others...


Go Kira!

Proof that he had an excellent time!


Getting ready for his nightly leg...
I guess at one of the exchanges, a lady from a different team was talking some trash to Marcos and saying, "All you are going to see is my little behind!" She exchanged first and then Marcos got his from Adam and as he passed the lady.... he said, "Bye, Bye! All you are going to see is MY black behind now!" He said, "I whooped her!" I think he enjoyed that a bit too much!

Dear Lady from another team,
Don't talk smack if you can't back it up!
P.S. Especially to a black man who used to run a marathon to get to school!
Love,
The Black Man's wife

See more on the next post...apparently, there is limit on how much you can post!


















No comments:

Post a Comment