Friday, January 29, 2010

There's Always One!


Okay, so you know how there is usually one kid in every family who gets all the broken bones, stitches, or weird illnesses? I was the one in my family growing up and now I am passing that sad torch on to my son!

We just found out last week that Zaquel has Asthma. We had been wondering about it for a while now because every time he gets a cold he cannot kick it as fast as others do. He also gets respiratory virus' easier and wheezes when he is infected with them. So, he now has an inhaler which has helped immensely! His pediatrician says that Asthma is at it's worst when kids are between the ages of 3-5. He says that when he gets older we can better control it by giving him the inhaler 30 minutes before any sports or exercise activity.

So, yes he is going to be the one in our family with sickness and strange ones at that! We love him to pieces anyway and don't know how we would live without his 0 to 80 miles an hour personality!

2 comments:

  1. My sister had 2 kids with asthma. It can be brutal! I hope he is okay, and hopefully it will stay under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you now know and that the inhaler is helping. Darling picture too! I love all the recent pictures you got of your family- they all turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete