Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Day of School!

Becoming a BUG!
At her desk
Here with her teacher Mrs. Barbre
Off she goes!
Looking too grown-up!
With her 1st homework assignment, a Personality Plant
She wanted a picture with her siblings...how cute! Yes, I am aware that Briel is 1/2 the size of Isabel!!
Starting the day off right by eating a nutritious breakfast of Lucky Charms!
Isabel started 2nd grade today! I can't believe it! I had been looking forward to this day since about mid JUNE! A bit early I know, but some days were just not too good!

We all got Father's Blessings last night by Marcos and that seemed to help ease a little of Isabel's nervousness.

She will have a great year with Mrs. Barbre and several of her old classmates are in her new class with her.

As I left her and was home swinging on the swings with Zaquel and Briel, I couldn't help but think and feel emotional about today. A part of me longed to be there with her and feel the excitement of the 1st day of school. Isabel is always telling me,"I wish you still taught at my school! Then I could come to your classroom after school like I used to." I sometimes wish I was still teaching there too. But, life changes. I am on a new adventure with preschool in a few weeks and I know I am doing the right thing by staying home with my little ones. They are only little once and I can go and work the rest of my life! I think I deserve a little break! She will appreciate me later for this...hopefully.



4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how old Isabel looks and that she is in 2nd grade!! Sorry to hear you miss going back to school. If it makes you feel better Matt is sad that he is not going to preschool with Aunt Mandee and Gabe. Good luck with preschool this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is she in 2nd grade?! She looks so grown up! I miss being there sometimes too... Good luck with preschool this year! Save a spot for Riser next year... seriously... when should I be bugging you about signing him up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabel is growing up so fast! I know what you mean about missing teaching this year. Don't worry, she will be grateful for it! Best wishes with preschool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky teacher Mrs. Barbre is! Isabel looks very ready for 2nd grade, very grown up. Choices as moms are never easy... I can totally relate to wanting to be in two places at one time. You are doing the right thing. :) Way to go Isabel!

    ReplyDelete